Pendleton Round-Up Internship Program
*APPLICATIONS are accepted in April for summer programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Purpose: A real world, well rounded program to be tailored to the needs of the organization at the given time. The 10-12 week program of rotational duties and projects may include these areas of work experience but are not limited to: Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Customer Service, Volunteer Coordination, Retail and Ticketing operations, and database and data entry.
A stipend may be paid out to the student or a scholarship may be awarded to the school.
Over the course of the program there will be three evaluations. One after two weeks, one at the halfway point, and one at the end of the internship.
Interns can aid the Organizations by:
- Provide freedom for professional staff to pursue creative or more advanced projects.
- Increase staff retention rate.
- Assist an organization in application of the latest strategies and techniques in the field.
- Promote community involvement as an excellent public relations tool.
- Recruit other students and generate enthusiasm.
- Creates awareness of the field for future hires.
- Giving to the community by teaching the prospective work force.
Students are seeking opportunities that stimulate their interests and provide real‐world experiences. A meaningful, purposeful internship program will:
- Ensure the assignment of challenging projects and tasks.
- Provide projects that complement academic programs and/or career interests.
- Give broad exposure to the organization.
- Provide adequate, reliable, and regular supervision and mentoring.
- Ensure interns are keeping pace and accomplishing goals.
- Create a professional network.
- Industry relevance.
- Real life experience.
- Enable the intern to establish a professional network.
PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Internship Description: We take great pride in nurturing the up‐and‐coming public relations stars of tomorrow. Through our hands‐on, internship program, students compete for a unique opportunity to work alongside an
Experience You Will Gain. Our interns gain meaningful, real‐world experience in key areas that the most astute companies demonstrate competency in research, planning, implementation and evaluation. You can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
‐ Preparing news releases, social media content, special interest articles, fact sheets;
‐ Enhancing the organization’s social media presence, creating copy, Website;
‐ Participating in strategy meetings, conference calls;
‐ Supporting special events and site tours;
Internship Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Social Media focus includes: Assist with social media engagement by helping manage social channels. Drafting and editing copy for social channels. Monitoring social media web analytics on a weekly basis (e.g. page views, twitter followers), and provide reports of growth and other activity.
Marketing/advertising focus includes: Engaging with marketing team on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and social media campaigns. Assist with gathering data for marketing reports and supporting a variety of marketing and advertising programs.
Volunteer Coordination includes: Engaging with both RUP & HC Volunteers, learning the database and functionality to aid in the distribution of information.
Other duties as they arise and staff need help with.
Qualifications: Only the best and brightest need apply to be considered for the public relations Summer/Fall or Winter/Spring internship, you must:
‐ Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
‐ Major in public relations, communications, English, journalism or marketing; agriculture based is acceptable
‐ Be a junior or senior at university
‐ Applicants are responsible for transportation to and from the internship experience
Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. • Hours Per Week: 40 •
Application Instructions: The chosen candidate can expect to work full‐time during summer and part‐time (15‐20 hours per week) during ‘off-season’.