ALL PARADE ENTRIES RULES & REGULATIONS
1) DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES INVOLVING THE THROWING OF CANDY, NO ENTRY WILL BE ALLOWED TO THROW ANY ITEMS TO THE SPECTATORS. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO CANDY. GROUPS MAY PROVIDE PEOPLE TO WALK ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE AND PASS OUT ITEMS TO THE CROWD. ANY GROUP NOT FOLLOWING THIS RULE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND WILL NOT BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE PARADES.
2) All entries must be received no later than the deadline date noted on the front of the entry form. Any entry received after this date may not be accepted. If late registrants are accepted, they will be assigned places at the end of the parade in order received.
3) An adult entry representative must sign the "Hold Harmless Agreement" AND initial where requested on the parade entry agreement and any addendum's where applicable.
4) No discharge of firearms, fireworks or flames are allowed by any participant.
5) All units must maintain forward motion with approximately 50 feet between each entry. Unnecessary delays in the parade may be cause for removal.6) Use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are forbidden.
7) Each entry MUST turn in a signed and initialed parade agreement before entry will be allowed.
8) Parade numbers must be visible on the left side of the entry.
9) Animal entries should be placed on DRY FEED 2 days prior to the parade.
10) The Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Co. Inc. DO NOT pay expenses incurred by participants.
11) Please NO PROFANITY along the parade route. Our parade is family oriented and we want a safe and pleasant atmosphere for adults and children alike.
12) All entries will be evaluated for safety before receiving approval to participate.
13) Any driver/rider showing incapability to control his/her livestock/horse will be removed from the parade.
14) All entries are required to be covered by their own insurance.
15) The Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Co. Inc. reserve the right to remove any entrant not conforming to the rules or refusing to follow the directions of the Parade Committee, Parade Volunteers or Police.
16) Period costume is strongly requested, although not required.
17) No mascots allowed.
18) No advertising or promotional material of any kind may be carried in the parade. Serapes and unit banners may show the name of the group or court and/or the rider's name and title. Serapes and banners will not be larger than 12" x 24" or equal square inches.
19) Rearing of horses on command is expressly prohibited.
20) No motorized vehicles or air inflated rubber tires are allowed in the parade.
21) If you are an elected Official, we may be able to accommodate you with transportation. All non-elected candidates running for office will need to provide their own transportation.CANDY RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The (Pendleton) Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Co., Inc. Boards of Directors and employees, along with the Parade Committee are working to maintain not only the quality of our parade but the safety of the participants and spectators. Entries in the parade will not be allowed to throw candy or other objects to the parade spectators. Entries may have participants walk along the parade route and pass out candy or other items to the crowd.