Applications must be submitted by 11:55 PM August 1, 2018
**NOTICE: If you do not get a confirmation email, you are NOT registered! ALL boxes must be checked and all text fields must be completed! If you are NOT requesting a ride provided by us, enter "0" (ZERO) in Quantity. Notification of acceptance and a parade packet will be mailed mid August to those entries registered by Aug. 1, if you do not receive by Aug. 15 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The parade packet will contain the parade lineup, as well as information pertaining to your starting number, location any other specific information you may need.
Notice: Policy change for those requesting rides in the parade, utilizing Pendleton Round-Up teamsters , teams and vehicles; effective 2018. Due to the cost of upkeep and maintenance of vehicles, wagons and hitch equipment with also providing feed, stalls, teams and teamsters for our participants, ALL parade applicants requesting a ride on a Pendleton Round-Up owned vehicle will need to submit a $25 per participant entry fee. Groups over 10 people will cap at $200. All registration and payment is done on the form below. NO REFUNDS. If you are NOT requesting a ride use "0"!
Affiliated Round-Up hosted VIP entries that have received direct invitations from the Pendleton Round-Up must still submit the entry form prior to August 1 deadline to allow for planning and logistics. We encourage historical and period dress and costumes, (late 1800’s,) where appropriate.
The Pendleton Round-Up cannot guarantee rides for all entries. Applications requesting rides will be based on a first come, first serve basis until all available rides are filled.
Mounted Groups and all organizations providing their own horse drawn conveyance will not be charged an entry fee.
Late entry forms will be accepted with a $50 penalty between Aug. 2 and Aug. 15. Entries will be moved to the end of parade route with no introduction biography. Absolutely no entries after August 15.
**PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NO DRONES OR UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES OF ANY SORT ALLOWED IN THE PARADE OR IN PROXIMITY OF THE PARADE ROUTE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL INVOLVED.**
First NameWho is completing this submission?
Address Line 1MAILING ADDRESS FOR PARADE PACKET!
About Your Entry
Have you ridden in the Westward Ho! Parade before?
OTHERPlease explain if you selected "OTHER"
Total Number of ParticipantsIndicate total # of participants in your entry
Need a Ride?
Are you requesting to ride on a Round-Up Wagon, Coach or Buggy?**IF AVAILABLE!**
If YES-Number of Passengers in Wagon/Buggy/Coach. No = 0How many are you bringing?
Riding on OUR wagon is a $25 fee per person.
Single (1-9 people) Wagon Rider
Requesting to ride on a Round-Up provided Wagon.
Jan 26 - Aug 01, 2018
12:00 AM - 11:55 PM
Group Entry (10+)
More than 10 people in the group needing a ride.
Parade Group (10 or more on Wagon)
For 10+ people needing a ride in one of the provided Wagon.
Jan 26 - Aug 01, 2018
12:00 AM - 11:55 PM
If you are bringing your OWN Coach, Wagon or Buggy please provide a description, including hitch
Are you visiting Royalty?*Be sure to fill out the luncheon application!
Are you riding in the parade as a Politician or Political Group?
Will there be walkers or additional horseback riders with your group?
Entry Introduction: KEEP BRIEF!Description of your Entry
Announcer's Information (3-4 short sentences!)
Late Entry Fee
Entries will be at the end of parade
All entries between Aug. 1 and 15th will require a $50 late fee. No exceptions.
Aug 01 - Aug 15, 2018
11:00 AM - 11:55 PM
ALL PARADE ENTRIES RULES & REGULATIONS
1) DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES INVOLVING THE THROWING OF CANDY, NO ENTRY WILL BE ALLOWED TO THROW ANY ITEMS TO THE SPECTATORS. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO CANDY. GROUPS MAY PROVIDE PEOPLE TO WALK ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE AND PASS OUT ITEMS TO THE CROWD. ANY GROUP NOT FOLLOWING THIS RULE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND WILL NOT BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE PARADES.
2) All entries must be received no later than the deadline date noted on the front of the entry form. Any entry received after this date may not be accepted. If late registrants are accepted, they will be assigned places at the end of the parade in order received.
3) An adult entry representative must sign the "Hold Harmless Agreement" AND initial where requested on the parade entry agreement and any addendum's where applicable.
4) No discharge of firearms, fireworks or flames are allowed by any participant.
5) All units must maintain forward motion with approximately 50 feet between each entry. Unnecessary delays in the parade may be cause for removal.6) Use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are forbidden.
7) Each entry MUST turn in a signed and initialed parade agreement before entry will be allowed.
8) Parade numbers must be visible on the left side of the entry.
9) Animal entries should be placed on DRY FEED 2 days prior to the parade.
10) The Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Co. Inc. DO NOT pay expenses incurred by participants.
11) Please NO PROFANITY along the parade route. Our parade is family oriented and we want a safe and pleasant atmosphere for adults and children alike.
12) All entries will be evaluated for safety before receiving approval to participate.
13) Any driver/rider showing incapability to control his/her livestock/horse will be removed from the parade.
14) All entries are required to be covered by their own insurance.
15) The Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Co. Inc. reserve the right to remove any entrant not conforming to the rules or refusing to follow the directions of the Parade Committee, Parade Volunteers or Police.
16) Period costume is strongly requested, although not required.
17) No mascots allowed.
18) No advertising or promotional material of any kind may be carried in the parade. Serapes and unit banners may show the name of the group or court and/or the rider's name and title. Serapes and banners will not be larger than 12" x 24" or equal square inches.
19) Rearing of horses on command is expressly prohibited.
20) No motorized vehicles or air inflated rubber tires are allowed in the parade.
21) If you are an elected Official, we may be able to accommodate you with transportation. All non-elected candidates running for office will need to provide their own transportation.CANDY RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The (Pendleton) Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Co., Inc. Boards of Directors and employees, along with the Parade Committee are working to maintain not only the quality of our parade but the safety of the participants and spectators. Entries in the parade will not be allowed to throw candy or other objects to the parade spectators. Entries may have participants walk along the parade route and pass out candy or other items to the crowd.