How to find lodging:
- Visit www.travelpendleton.com and look at all the lodging options in Pendleton.
- Start as early in the year as you can; your chances are better. It doesn’t matter if it the first week of September someone might cancel, try, you might get lucky.
- Call the local number for a motel. Don’t use an 800 number or website to try to book a room.
- Ask for a reservation. If the motel doesn’t have a room for Round-Up, ask if they will be releasing any blocks of rooms and when that would be.
- Ask to be put on a waiting list for a room.
- Make a relationship with a manager. Call back often and be courteous.
- Those folks that have reservations from previous years may have to cancel. Call the motel and inquire.
- In June, www.travelpendleton.com will start listing local homes that can be rented for Round-Up. This is always a good option. Bring some friends or family and make yourself at home.
- In January of each year, the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce, starts taking reservations for RV spots at various schools in Pendleton. The spots are first come, first serve and are “Dry Camps”. Reach the Pendleton Chamber at (541) 276-7411 Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tickets to the Round-Up and Happy Canyon Indian Pageant are much easier to get on Wednesday and Thursday and so are rooms.
- Plan B – start looking in Hermiston, OR, Walla Walla, WA,or Milton Freewater, OR, which are 30 miles away or LaGrande, OR, 50 miles away from Pendleton.
- If you are able to book a room, KEEP IT! Make the reservation for the next year and years to come while you are at Round Up. Hang on to them!
There are shuttles that will take you around town, from the RV parking lots, downtown and Wildhorse. They run from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Parking near Round-Up Stadium and Happy Canyon fills up early, is paid parking and is limited. Park somewhere easy and take the shuttle. It is a great walk from downtown to the Round-Up Stadium. It is only 10 blocks from Main Street to the Round Up or enjoy the River Walk that will take you to the Stadium.