Pendleton Round-Up Association is looking for a Grounds & Facility Manager to work in and around our properties in Pendleton, OR. This position is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site, and as well as working our many annual events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but is are not limited to:
• Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with vendors, volunteers, staff and co-workers at all times.
• Keeping grounds neat, clean and free of litter. Mow lawns, Rake, sweep, spray weeds, and work the dirt in the arena.
• Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair involving: electrical and plumbing; A/C and heating systems; appliances; water irrigation systems; stairs, gates, fences, railings, flooring, walls, roofing, gutters, fasteners; interior/exterior lights; gas/electric fixtures and appliances (when applicable); doors/locks, cabinets, windows, locks; security systems and fire protection equipment.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Maintain all tools in excellent condition.
• Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests received and completed, expenditures, work-in-progress, etc.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks at a time.
• Willingness to jump in and get the job done. No task is beneath this role.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Facility Manager is a full-time exempt position. Facility Manager should be willing to work a flexible schedule during event season June-October. The Facility Manager will be required to work some evenings, weekend, and will be required to be on call for emergencies.All employees are required to work long hours every year leading up to and including Round-Up week.
As a representative of the Pendleton Round-Up who is in frequent contact with Directors, sanctioning bodies, civic organizations, vendors, contractors, other staff, and the general public, the Facility Manager will maintain a high standard of personal and professional conduct and appearance when applicable.
In order to qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Operational knowledge of landscape/ maintenance/cleaning equipment and supplies
• Ability to operate equipment
• Have mechanical aptitude
• Be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid Driver’s License.
• Able to operate equipment including but not limited to: Skid steer, backhoe, tractor etc.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a repetitive basis, must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to negotiate stairs and ladders.
Pendleton Round-Up Association’s benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a generous 401k plan, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Facility Manager will be required to complete: drug test, background and credit checks in compliance with appropriate state and federal rules and regulations.
ALL JOB POSTINGS REQUIRE A COMPLETED APPLICATION, COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
To apply for this job please email your resume to:
or U.S. Mail to:
Pendleton Round-Up Association
PO Box 609
Pendleton OR 97801