The Assistant Retail Manager is responsible for assisting the Retail Operations Manager in carrying out daily business operations of the Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon Retail Store. Provides outstanding customer service and through employee actions, creates a positive image of the Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon.
Additionally, the Assistant Retail Manager assists the Retail Operations Manager with support activities, events and special projects with the Association and Happy Canyon Presidents, Queen and Court Directors and other Directors as required.
To be successful as an Assistant Retail Manager you should have strong leadership and decision-making skills. An outstanding candidate will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Who We Are:
Since 1910 and 1916, The World Famous Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon Night Show have been prestigious events the second full week of September and continue to be over a century later through their continued commitment to our community, heritage preservation, and volunteer stewardship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Retail Operation Manager in assigning duties to staff and scheduling break periods, work hours, and vacations.
- Assist Retail Operations Manager to train staff in store policies, department procedures, and job duties.
- Assist Retail Operations Manager in retail operations including selecting and ordering merchandise, establishing pricing policies, merchandising retail products, assisting with the development of new sales and recruitment strategies, planning sales and liquidating merchandise.
- Maintain strong leadership skills and ensure that staff maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Assist customers in-store with purchases, returns and exchanges. Greet customers and assist with their shopping needs. Assist customers by demonstrating proper etiquette via email and phone.
- Listen to customer complaints and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- Perform opening and closing store operations including cash counting and daily reconciliation of sales and receipts.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of merchandise including processing orders, keeping merchandise on the floor stocked and notifying Retail Operations Manager of low inventory for reorder.
- Supervise e-commerce operations including fulfilling online orders in a timely manner, posting online orders and uploading and maintaining products and current inventory.
- Accurately manage and account for cash utilized by and generated through retail operations.
- Assist in managing “pop up” or off site retail operations.
- Assuring compliance with trademark policies.
- Assist with year-end inventory count of all merchandise at the end of fiscal year
Specifications and Requirements for Job:
- Interact with the public as required and direct them to the right person to get the information they are seeking
- Perform other duties as required.
Other Requirements for Job:
- Associate’s degree or High School diploma with two years related retail experience and/or training.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and inventory software.
- Social media and website development experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top Benefits or Perks:
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays on occasion.
- Must be able to work Round-Up Week, plus all other events associated with the Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a repetitive basis, must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to negotiate stairs.
As a team member of The Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon retail store, you’ll enjoy:
Not sure if you qualify?
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Salary Range: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour (DOE/DOQ)
- Fun and Fast paced work environment
- Great staff parties – a very important part of team building
That’s okay! If you are interested in one of the roles and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply!
The Pendleton Round-Up Association & Happy Canyon Company is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
RIGHT TO CHANGE:
The Pendleton Round-Up Association and Happy Canyon Company retain the right to add to, delete or change the duties of the Assistant Retail Manager at any time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Please send Application, Cover letter, and resume to:
Submit your resume and application to email@example.com or drop it off in person to the Round-Up Retail store located at 1330 SW Court Ave, Pendleton. For questions, please contact Amee Rueber at (541) 276-2553 ext. 417. The position will remain open until filled.
~ OPEN UNTIL ALL JOBS ARE FILLED ~